Considering the complex living conditions and modernising processes in society, high expectations are imposed on child raising, education and socialisation. Holistic education is the central resource of the development of society. In Germany, the social background determines the success of education to a very high degree. People living in poverty and those with a history of immigration are partly excluded from holistic education opportunities.
In its facilities and projects the Aid to Children, Youth and Families offers a wide range of possibilities for non-formal and informal learning. Personal, social and democratic competences are particularly promoted. The experience of self-efficiency and social recognition strengthens the feeling of self-worthiness and enables participation.
Considering the expansion of allday schools and the shaping of educational landscapes in the communities, the cooperation between public and voluntary child and youth welfare, schools and other education institutions is being intensified.
- The GRC promotes a generally accessible education system in order to guarantee the development and evolving of talents, competences and skills of all children, young people, young adults and families and to promote them individually.
- The GRC endorses the idea of offering a wide range of high ranking possibilities for vocational education for all young people.
- The GRC Aid to Children, Youth and Families develops its education concepts further and is particularly focused on the education of personality in the sense of guided, self-directed social and individual learning.
- The GRC Aid to Children, Youth and Families assists children, young people, young adults and families acquiring competences and offers the possibility for voluntary social engagement in all its facilities.
- The GRC participates in the expansion of kindergartens and day care facilities for children, especially for children up to three years old. The GRC develops its services in the area of day care facilities for children by furthering quality and is particularly focused on providing inclusive raising, education and caretaking of children with and without disabilities as well as children of different social and cultural backgrounds.
- The GRC develops its day care facilities into centres for generations and families to meet and assist each other.
- The GRC strengthens the cooperation with (all-day) schools at the elementary and the secondary level and other education partners, such as culture, sports or businesses. The GRC introduces its methodical and professional competences within the component of aid to children and youth in a rather active way.